LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secondary dll

I was able to convert my labview 7.1 to 6.1 but when I try to open it. It says secpndary dll not found. I only have one dll.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,135 Views)

A secondary dll is one that is called by your 'only' dll. 

Hope that this helps,

Bob Young

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,134 Views)
How come my labview version 6.1 says that "secondary dll could not be found", but it doesn't say that in both 7.0 and 7.1?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,129 Views)
I have three separate comps with each with their own version: 7.1,7.0,6.1. I deleted all of my previous VI except for ver 7.1. From that point, I converted it to 7.0 which I then converted to 6.1. I tested ver 6.1 on labview 7.0 and its ok, but when I tested it on the ver 6.1 software itself, I get the same display as before, "Secondary VI could be found". Help!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,108 Views)
Since you have three separate computers with three separate installations of LabVIEW and probably slight differences in the windows software installed, it could be just about anything. What is the DLL that your app calls directly. Is it an NI one or one that you wrote? If it's one that you wrote, what did you use to create it? Visual Studio has a dependency walker tool that will list all DLLs that are required for a DLL you create.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,103 Views)
I am prolly missing some dlls. Where can I find this "dependency walker tool " and how do i use it?

Message Edited by Newguy100 on 08-30-2005 03:42 PM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,102 Views)
Most of the .dll on the comp thats causing me trouble are outdated. Is it ok for me to update them by copying and pasting?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,091 Views)
Since I don't have VS installed right now, I'm going from memory. I think it was available on the tools menu. In any case, you should be able to look it up in the VS on-line help.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,091 Views)
I found it and check it with the other system. Most of the .dll on the comp thats causing me trouble are outdated. Is it ok for me to update them by copying and pasting?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,088 Views)
It depends on what they are. If they are windows components, then you run the risk of making that computer unuseable. There are so many dependencies that changing one could cause another to stop working. Maybe you could check with your IT department or Microsoft's web site to see if they are part of a service pack or a core OS component. If they are NI DLLs, then you need to find out what they're part of. For example, if they are used by NI-DAQ, then you should do a complete upgrade of NI-DAQ and not just a couple components.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,086 Views)