LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

searching for specific range and returning data into table from excel

hi there,

I am using a vi to open excel and retrieve data and display it on the front panel. thats all ok, but what i want the vi to do is sort through the data by name and date and return only those rows of values that match the criteria into the table. the name and date will be specified by the user on the front panel. is it better to write a macro in excel and return the data into a new worksheet that the vi reads from, or can the entire process be done from labview?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,185 Views)

This can definitely be done totally on the LabVIEW side of things, as long as there is a way to look at the data and know it is valid. Does the excel sheet have specific columns for user and dates, if so you just need an algorithms in LabVIEW to look at the cells and know which ones are valid. Then if it is valid, LabVIEW will be able to retrieve values based on the cell location of the valid user/date. This may sound a little hard, but is really isn't. It totally depends if specific cells have the user and date, with a specific format for the relevent data associated. Let me know if you have a specific excel spreadsheet and I will see if I can give you some better advice.

Tyler H.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,175 Views)