LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

searching active directory from labview

Hello,

I'm developing a networked database system which relies on data entry at a number of different PC's throughout our plant in order to do inventory tracking.  Presently, my LabView (7.1) programs pick up the computer name, and then lookup the location in a database table.  As PC's are moved around, obviously this table needs to be updated.  At the same time, we need to update the Active Directory on our server, to keep track of the same information.  Is there a way where I can use someting like ActiveX from within LabView to query the Active Directory objects on the server?

Any help will be appreciated.

Mark.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,592 Views)
There seems to be two questions here. The first is "can I use ActiveX in LabVIEW". The answer is yes. You can also use .NET. The second is "can I use ActiveX to query Active Directory". The answer is yes. You may want to start with ready-made solutions and then just use what you need. This, for instance, is a web-based .NET solution. You can probably check out the code to see how it's done. I'm sure a Google search on active directory and ActiveX will turn up a fair bit.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,586 Views)