LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scan from string error

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to extract xyz coordinates from a very large file.  However, every so often, there is a z coordinate with the phrase NO DATA instead of a value like so:

No Data.PNG

Is there any way to filter these out?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Here is a snapshot of my VI, it seems to be working for files without errors.

VI.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,778 Views)

A brute force method:

Example_VI.png

Message 2 of 13
(2,765 Views)

@Todd_Lesher wrote:

A brute force method:

Example_VI.png

You don't need to unbundle the error cluster in LabVIEW 2012.  The NOT function will take in the error cluster just fine.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 13
(2,760 Views)

Oh, yeah - oops. I tried wiring the error directly to the conditional and it didn't work (and the logic was backwards), so I dropped the unbundle in there.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,757 Views)

How do I make the tunnel out of the for loop conditional?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,748 Views)

It is new to LabVIEW 2012.  But you right-click on the tunnel and check Tunnel Mode->Conditional.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,744 Views)

Is there any way to do it in the 2011 version?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,741 Views)

Error case just feeds the array through unchanged.

Example_VI.png

Message 8 of 13
(2,738 Views)

Okay thanks I figured that out.  Doesn't that assigns the default value of 0 to the cluster when there is an error?  Is there any way to just omit the terms with errors?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,730 Views)

That omits the terms with errors. In the Error case, the output array is not modified.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,728 Views)