LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scan DAQ analog input and get time information for each scan

Hello,

I would like to acquire continiously wavwforms from my DAQ6014 card.

I scan my inputs with 1000Hz and read my waveforms whithin a loop (200Samples each 200ms). I convert the waveforms in a 2D-array, write it to a file and sent it to another VI where I analyse my data.

The problem is, the array doesn't contain the information at which time each scan has be done. What I was hoped to get is an array with the scan values in each row and the time of scan in the first column.

At the moment, I add an extra "time column" for each 200ms samples. The time is counted from the beginning of the measurement and is not reseted each 200ms.

Is there another possibility to do this automatically?

Cheers,
Olivier Baillard
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,290 Views)
Since you are reading this as a Waveform in the first place, why do you convert it to an array? The Waveform datatype contains a timestamp for each sample.

You can write the entire Waveform to an ASCII file using the "Write to Measurment File" Express VI. (I don't usually promote Express VI's, but I actually really like the Read/Write Measurment File ones)

You can then do your processing on the 'Y' component of the Waveform, which is just the array or data points you are converting to now.

If I've misundersttod your problem, can you explain where I missed your question?

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,281 Views)