LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbrio9606

i am trying to convert my .C file into .SO file for sbRIO-9606. I am trying a sample code given  in the manual http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14625/en/.  While following the steps successfully when i reached at step 6 "Configuring a remote system" my target (sbRIO-9606) does not have SSH enable? My question is How to enable SSH on sbRIO 9606???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,594 Views)

Hi tahir24,

The sbRIO-9606 uses VxWorks RTOS; it does not use the NI Linux Real-Time operating system.  Therefore, you need to compile to a .out file if you want to bring external .c code onto an sbRIO-9606.

What Operating System Is My Real-Time Controller Running and Why?

The sbRIO-9607 is the replacement for the sbRIO-9606 and runs the NI Linux Real-Time OS, and the tutorial you were following would be appropriate for the sbRIO-9607.

The process for compiling a shared library for the sbRIO-9606 can be found with the links below:

High Level Overview (differences in VxWorks and Linux): C/C++ Embedded System Design Tools

Developing Shared Libraries for the cRIO-901x and Other VxWorks Targets

The Definitive Guide: Programming NI VxWorks Real-Time Controllers in C/C++

Regards,

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,556 Views)

Hi Spex,

i am using the manual send from you to convert the .c file into .out for sbrio9606 . After making .out of the sample c code (fibonnaci series) i uplooad the fib.out file in the sbrio9606 at the path     ni-rt\system\fib.out  .While executing the sample code using kernel shell i faced the following error after ld command.

->ld < ni-rtsystemfib.out

ld(): error loading file <errno =0x610001)

value =0=0x0

any idea how to fix this error?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,402 Views)

I have successfully compiled and executed sample code (Fibonacci series) attached using makefile (also attached).

Purpose of my code (also attached) is to convert RTSP video stream into UDP video stream on NI embedded hardware sbrio9606. For this purpose I take help of vlc functions and libraries.

My code compile well without any error I used “makefile” provided with sample code.

But when I run the code it gives errors on putty.

I think errors are due to functions of vlc and are linker errors. error image is also attached.

Kindly suggest necessary actions.

My question is also that in sample code from where comes the defination of "pow" function as my errors are also due to defination of functions?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,150 Views)

Hi Tahir,

It looks like the best next step is to make sure you're linking to the VLC API correctly. All of the errors in the error message seem to indicate undefined functions.

Edit: Error only indicates undefined functions and that it cannot load the file, not necessarily that files are missing.

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,133 Views)

I have no idea how to link VLC API, thats why I asked in sample code (fibonacci series) where is defination of "pow" fuction? In which library and folder is defination of fuction pow.

I have also attached makefile.

Kindly review make file changes may be needed in makefile.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,121 Views)