LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRio application will not start

After deploying and setting to run at startup I still cannot get an sbRIO application to start.

I have run out of ideas on things to try.  I do get the following errors in the sbRIO log.

01/01/1970         00:14:34.255       [error] MAX:  (Hex 0x8004030F) The configuration database cannot be opened, possibly due to corruption. Please note the steps you performed that led to this error and contact technical support at http://ni.com/support. failed to open storage in CmxsNeoStorage::UpdateSchemaVersions, unknown exception                CmxsNeoStorage::UpdateSchemaVersions

01/01/1970         00:00:39.484       [error] LabVIEW:  The startup application configured to launch was missing when the RT target booted. Startup application not found

01/01/1970         00:00:39.168       [error] LabVIEW:  The startup application configured to launch was missing when the RT target booted. Startup application not found

01/01/1970         00:00:39.465       [error] LabVIEW:  The startup application configured to launch was missing when the RT target booted. Startup application not found

01/01/1970         00:00:41.522       [error] LabVIEW:  The startup application configured to launch was missing when the RT target booted. Startup application not found

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,643 Views)

Have you tried reformatting the cRIO from Measurement and Automation Explorer, then reinstalling the appropriate LabVIEW run-time and any add-ons you need?

Sorry if you've done this already, but you noted that you've run out of things to try without explaining what those things are.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,634 Views)

Did you define typdef'd shared variables? SV not detached from typedefs may prevent the RT application to start

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
Message 3 of 11
(3,620 Views)

I had not done a reformat and reload and have done so now.  That has not elimiated the problem but has helped.  The problem has changed character.

The main VI has a sub-VI that reads and writes a TCP/IP socket and on the last tests I did that is now running from startup but if I use IE to connect to the main VI I get a 0.00% of 0 bytes loaded.  If I use the operate menu entry from project explorer to connect remotely I get

Connecting to remote panel server...

Requested VI is not loaded into memory on the server computer

which makes no sense to me since it would need to be loaded to run the sub-VI that reads/writes the TCP/IP socket.

The whole thing runs fine if I run it interactively (but still on the sbRIO).

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,598 Views)

Did you define typdef'd shared variables? SV not detached from typedefs may prevent the RT application to start

Seriously?  I did try that, thankfully with no effect.

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,596 Views)

It did happen to me and other people, in my case with cRIO/VxWorks and LV RealTime 2011.

Paolo
-------------------
Message 6 of 11
(3,593 Views)

OK, this is odd.  I turned it on this morning after writing the above replies and it is operating.  I have changed nothing, it is the same executable that was loaded last night with the results above but I can see it in the browser.

The only change I can think of is I haven't started project explorer.  Maybe IE strikes again and it was caching?

Robert

Message 7 of 11
(3,590 Views)

It did happen to me and other people, in my case with cRIO/VxWorks and LV RealTime 2011.

That's a pretty serious bug.  Looks like it is fixed in 2012.  Or it's waiting for some more inopportune moment to present itself. I'll keep an eye open.

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,588 Views)

The apparent reason was that the rt executable searched for the typedef ctl and could not find them.

A forumer claimed that this could depend on the ctl location in the project hierarchy.

I did not verify this, finding quicker to disconnect and recompile.

Paolo
-------------------
Message 9 of 11
(3,581 Views)

Hi Paolo,

You're answer just helped me during an on-site deployement.

I had no idea typedef could prevent my RT exe to run...

Thanks.

JP

LabVIEW Architect - Founder and CEO - Phalanx
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tout le succès d'une opération réside dans sa préparation. - Sun Tzu
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,426 Views)