cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO-9636 Question

Solved!
Go to solution

Guys,

I have one (1) sbRIO-9636 which was part of the evaluation kit. I took the top level part (the circuit that lets you interface with some DIO AIO) and only have the board. then I went ahead and purchased some fo the accessories:

part number 154041-12 

part number 153158-10

Now Iam stuck trying to find a terminal block (similar look as the cb-50 I/O (p/n 776164-90) but for this board so that i can interface with the DIOs and AIOs.

I was told by a vendor from NI that NI does not make this terminal board nor knows which third party company makes them. (this after I purchased these parts through NI which baffled me)

If any one knows how can i get a terminal block that uses the 50 pin robon cable i purchased I will greatly appreaciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,715 Views)

Things may have changed in the last year, but a year ago when I was working the sbRIO boards, NI basically told us that they expect the sbRIO to be used in large-quantity production systems with a custom daughter board. For one-off use they recommend a cRIO. They do offer the daughterboard that comes with the evaluation kit, but not much (maybe anything) else.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,699 Views)

I would like to think that somewhere in this world some company sells a 5 pin terminal block that i can use to interface with this board, otherwise it is usless because with the evaluation kit you only have access to a fraction of the capabilities. pretty frustrating at this point of you ask me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,690 Views)

I meant 50 pin 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,683 Views)

Does this help out?

http://www.adafruit.com/products/1919

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,656 Views)

Spex, thanks for your input unfortunately Iam not doing hobbies jobs, this is for a medical device c...

Iam hoping for the grace of god that some one somewhere has bought or seen one if these and can help me.

Sorry for the font iam posting from my phone.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,646 Views)

thanks for your input unfortunately AM not doing hobbies jobs, this is for a medical device command which would not accept such variant. it still frustrates me greatly that fact that ni did not make a course hundreds if this terminal blocks just in case something of the like would happen.

Omg my phone right now..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,645 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author El_Tipo

Just remembered... NI Alliance Partner Cyth Systems built a board-to-board terminal block for the 2x 50 pin headers. The product isn't on their website last time I checked, but the model number is CFX-076. Their board mates to the top of Single-Board RIO.  If you needed a version that used the 50 pin cables to place the terminal block remotely, they may be able to work with you on a version without the connectors with the board-to-board connectors replaced with the cable connectors.

Screen Shot 2014-10-12 at 9.30.45 PM.png

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,599 Views)

Spex,

Thank you much for your help. I will check with Cyth Systems in this regard.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,572 Views)

Spex,

I have another question.

is there a connector that on one side I can connect (one end of the 50 pin ribbon cable) that I already bought (p/n 151041-12) and on the other side I can connect a ribon cable fitted for the cb-50 terminal block (I purchased). so that I end up using the cb-50 and i just need to get a ribbon type changer.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,563 Views)