From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO 9607 Inconsistent IP address and some clarifications needed

Hi,

I just got a new sbRIO 9607 to do a project. I powered the device with a 9VDC 300mA power supply and connected to the development computer with a cross-over ethernet cable. I use LabVIEW 15.0 and tried to configure via MAX. I can detect the device but a Inconsistent IP address problem occurs.  It connects to the network with a link-local IP address as stated in the user manual.

- The system settings page does not show IP address

- Network settings page shows static IP4 address but nothing on the page is configurable as you   can see in the attachment.

I understand that different subnets lead to error but i couldn't configure it.

- I updated all drivers but still no change

- Resetting the device makes power LED and Status LED blink simultaneously once every second. Does this mean there is not enough power? 

The power requirement according to user manual is 11.36 Watts and supply Im using right now gives 9V* 300 mA whcih is low.

Connecting with an sbRIO 9623 yields no problem with IP address and everything.

Any help is appreciable...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,873 Views)

Given that you appear to be grossly underpowering this device, it is surprising that it works at all!  If you cannot meet the power requirements for the device, do not use it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,843 Views)

Hi,

thank you for your question.

Bob_Schor already pointed it out. Your power supply is much to weak. 9V*300mA = 2.7W << 11.36W

Please use an appropriate power supply. This should solve your problems

Best regards

Florian Fischer
Trainee Applications Engineering, NI Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,803 Views)