LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving to Adobe pdf without a pop-up

Hi,

I know that this subject has been discussed already several times in the past, but browsing through all those contributions I couldn't really find "the solution". The task is as follows: An html file shall be printed to a pdf file using the Adobe pdfwriter that is installed on the PC. The printing shall be performed entirely in the background so that no pop-up windows appear, especially no display of the freshly generated pdf in an Acrobat window after the printing finished. The Adobe pdf writer shall not be necassarily the default printer. The name of the pdf file to generate shall be defined from the LabVIEW code.

I've already played around with the Print Report.vi and some ActiveX methods but nothing did work really well.

Any hint on a magic command line that covers all requirements?

Thanks a lot,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,576 Views)

Hi Peter,

you can change the default printer if you change some entries in the registry. You can configure the pdfwriter to print automatically into a specified folder. You can specify a fixed filename format. From your program you can check if the new pdf exists and if it exists you can copy, move or rename it to the folder you want.

Hope it helps. 

Mike 

Message 2 of 11
(7,546 Views)

Hey,

When you change the report type to HTML it doesn't matter which printer you choose to print the report, always the default printer will be used. We know this issue and the workarround Mike suggested is the only solution.

Christian

Message Edited by Christian_M on 08-26-2008 03:52 AM
Message 3 of 11
(7,506 Views)

I'm sorry, it's not an issue, it's a known behaviour and documented within the LabVIEW help of this function.

Regarding to your question how to save a HTML report as PDF without pupup.

I'm using PDFCreator which is configurable to make an autosave without popup. So you can use the Print Report.vi and the PDFCreater and it should work.

Christian

Message 4 of 11
(7,483 Views)

Hi Christian,

i am using the HTML to PDF Converter is CutePDF Writter. when ever i am create the PDF by using Print Report.vi the pop-up will open.how can i with out pop-up create the pdf.

please tell me the configurable to make without popup.

Sivaraj.

Sivaraj M.S
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,218 Views)
I have used the generic postscript printer and active x to generate pdf's from excel without the file displayed on the screen.  I was also using Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard.  Download that and try it.  Also just a shot in the dark, maybe you can create a vi reference of your main front panel and during the conversion procees set that window to be the frontmost window.  I think thats what the option is called.  You have probably read some of my earlier posts about my trials and tribulations with pdf creation and active x.
Message Edited by gammalight on 03-17-2009 01:23 PM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,182 Views)

Hi gammalight,

U have any example progream please send me.

Sivaraj M.S
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,138 Views)

Hey,

Adobe Standard gives you a whole bunch more active x commands.  You'll have to buy that and use it.  I would show you what I have done but unfortunatley I was laid off from my position and do not have that code anymore.  Damn economy.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,100 Views)

That's a shame. I am also looking for a routine that sends a front panel to a PDF file using Acrobat Pro 9 without a SAVE AS window.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,502 Views)

Hello,

Are there any updates on how to programmatically create a PDF file using Labview? I am creating a report and using the Adobe printer driver to create a PDF file and would like to avoid the popup to set the path and file name of the pdf file

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,161 Views)