cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving image in image control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

The labview image control has a right-click context menu that includes the option so save the image. I've found that this works fine in the development environment. If I click it, a file dialog opens allowing me to chose where to save the image. However, once an exe is built, the option will still be there but clicking it seems to do nothing. Is this a known bug or could it be a problem with my installation?

I'm running Labview 2012 SP1.

Thanks for the help,

-Gary

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,215 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary117

Hi Gary!

I can confirm your observations. This is the behaviour of my application as well, im using LabvIEW2013.

Best regards

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,208 Views)

Thanks Dan. It's good to know it's not just me,

-Gary

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,204 Views)

That seems dumb.  Should there be a CAR for this?  I was under the impression this worked in an EXE as well.

Message 4 of 9
(4,164 Views)

They seem to be complaining that the menu option is missing. The problem here is that at runtime, the menu option is shown an is nonfunctional. It is preferable to either make the menu functional or go back to having it hidden.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,933 Views)

Hi,

Can those of you involved file formal service request? This will get you in touch directly with our Applications Engineering team who can escalate the issue to our R&D team to file a CAR if necessary. Also have you been able to try this in newer versions of LabVIEW? I will attempt to recreate myself as soon as I am able.

Regards,

Finch Train

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,916 Views)

@FinchTrain wrote:

Also have you been able to try this in newer versions of LabVIEW?

It is not related to LabVIEW version, it is VDM issue, I believe.

Checked with LabVIEW 2016 and VDM 2016 - the problem is still here.

You can invoke context menu in Run-Time, but when you will select "Save Image", then nothing happened. In Development Environment the Dialog appeared in this case, but not in Run-Time.

Screenshot 2017-02-17 17.05.13.png

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,912 Views)

The behavior has already been documented with CAR 316054 so it is a bug. If you wanted this behavior, you would probably need to use trigger an event when a user right-clicks the image control and then use the menu functions to determine if the user pressed save image and manually save the image.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 9 of 9
(3,898 Views)