LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving MS access table to the pendrive

Hi All....

I need an option to save a table from MSAccess database to a pendrive.

Is it possible to code for this in labview?

Thanks in Advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,270 Views)
Hi,
Yes LabVIEW has the capability to do this.  You might want to check into using the database connectivity toolkit to get the table from access but the file. Saving portion of the code is a basic function of LabVIEW.  I hope this helps.
Eric A.
National Instruments
Distributed I/O Product Support Engineer
Message 2 of 9
(3,249 Views)

Thank yo so much for the reply sir.

I am doubtfull on the following scenario.

Is it possible to save to the pendrive in the access-table format?

I used database connectivity tool sets in my applications.but i couuldnt find any tools to facilitate this.

Thanks once again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,239 Views)
Why are you having doubts? Did you actually try to save to a pen drive? The pen drive appears to the OS as just another drive and if there is enough space, it should be no different than saving to a local or network drive. It should be just a matter of specifying a different drive letter. No special tools are required are required if you decide to write to a network drive instead of a local drive are there?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,232 Views)
Thanks 4 the reply.

My doubt is not related to saving to pendrive.
I have done operations like reading from pendrive.

I am confused on how to save the file.
Is it only by using the file dialogue box and changing the ok button to save.

I have to save a table say tb_emp which is residing on C:\employee.mdb. i have to copy this  into some other location(say to pendrive)

how do i do that?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,220 Views)
I got one way to do this by using the option of copy under file i/o
Its able to copy a file from source to destination.

If i want to copy c:\employee.mdb to d:(or any other drive) its possible.

But if i want to copy only a single table from the employee.mdb how do i proceed?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,217 Views)
Now I understand the confusion. You don't want to save to an existing db, you want to create a new one with a single table from another db. Amazing how much a few details can change the whole problem. I don't know if the database toolkit has a function to create a whole new database. I don't think there is a SQL command for it either. For an exisiting database, you can create a new table.

With just SQL commands, you might want to have an empty database with either a blank table or no tables at all. If it's always the same table, then it's simpler to have a an existing table with no entries. Copy this to the pendrive and then you should be able to do a SELECT of the main database to get the data and then write it to the pendrive's database with the INSERT command.

If you want to be more tied to Access, then you might be able to use the ActiveX interface to Access.
Message 7 of 9
(3,205 Views)
Thanks again.

I just copied the entire database to the destination path(or drive) as there is no way to create a new database using query or labviewtools(thought if needed can delete the unwanted tables from the copied path...even its not a good method i have to do like that).

I never worked with activex.Can u pls suggest me some materias that explain the concepts of activex control(staring from the basic)

Thanks once again
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,185 Views)
Hi, Check out these basic links on ActiveX.

Wikipedia

NI Developer Zone

This should get you started learning about ActiveX.  You should also know that some programs can be used as ActiveX controls.
Eric A.
National Instruments
Distributed I/O Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,169 Views)