LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save data in tdms

Hello everyone, 

I find difficulty in saving data to tdms. I have a 2D complex data that must be saved in tdms. How to save data in tdms which is started based on time and ended based on some number of data (It is okay if the data comes late, but in that period the saved data can all be set to zero)? Thanks

It is like i have some exact timeslot  to save data. when there is no data received then in that slot data can be set to be zero.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,201 Views)

I do not really understand what you want. Only save data when data is available. Use a producer/consumer design template. Create a time stamp in the Producer loop, and send it beside the 2D data to the consumer loop. In this way you only save data when it arrives, and every data set is uniquely defined by a single time stamp...

"It is like i have some exact timeslot  to save data. when there is no data received then in that slot data can be set to be zero.  "

But why would waste storage place to only store meaningless zeroes?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,190 Views)

in my system that i want to build, the 0 is really worthy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,149 Views)

@jsngnp wrote:

in my system that i want to build, the 0 is really worthy

You try to go in the wrong way. Save only data which contains real information. Why to save zeroes? You know that if there is a bigger gap between to consecutive time stamps, the data is "0". So only save valuable information, and do the extra tricks on the analysis side.

But if you really want to save zero numbers in your TDMS, you can also do it. To be able to help more, and giving better advice, we should see your VI. Upload it so we can check what you tried so far...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,093 Views)

ni.JPG

I wanna build radar system, so it's essential enough that 0 data is preserved, Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,060 Views)
i do not see why the project type has anything to do with saving uneeded zeroes in a file. It is basic math to calculate where the zero values are present without physcally store them in your TDMS. But anyway, show us your vi unless we cannot comment on what the problem can be...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,053 Views)