LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save automatically

We need to automatically save the data in time intervals ,during the VI is running, without a dialog box asking us to confirm the filename at every saving. The programme does not acquire data when the box is there so we loose a lot of necessary data.
You should be able to write the filename and filelength (time interval) before you start acquire and when the VI is finished you should have a couple of files of the same size.

I hope I explained the problem in an understandable way.. I submit the VI.

I am greatful for all help, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,483 Views)
Hello,

i don't wanna touch into your code... Tip: it's confused. Maybe not the best way of doing that.

But in the save question, i've made a simple example to give you the idea. wire the path to the vi that you use to save so that it never asks for the new path.
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
Message 2 of 5
(2,476 Views)

What are you trying to do with that concantanate string and file dialog? If you don't want a dialog, then you shouldn't call the File Dialgo function. Smiley Wink

Are you trying to auto-generate a file name? If you are, what you should be doing is converting the string to a path. Something like the attached should work better.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,471 Views)
I'ld just use something like this (see attachement) where the name of the file changes with each pass

If you want the folders to be created automatically as well you'll need to use the "create folder" command.
Link an error indicator to the "create folder" or your program will stop when it's creating a duplicate.

Now just put something like this in your program, edit the naming to what you need off course, and you're good to go.

Regards,
Matthias

Message Edited by Matthiasdg on 04-03-2007 08:43 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,466 Views)
I use Labview 7.1 so if it is possible could you please give me the example code in that version?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,454 Views)