LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same error cluster for different instrument drivers?

Hi All...
mz question is regarding error cluster wiring for different instrument drivers. As u can see from attached file, i have 3 different devices with drivers. At the beginning i initialize and configure each one by wiring adresses and error clusters individually. After that i want use measruement vi's with an order. That s why I would like to use same error cluster for those 3 different measurment drivers as illustrated in the picture. is it possible?
second question is that at the beginning in the initializing process, i do not set any order of those 3 devices. VI would try to initialize all of them at the same time which is not possible due to serial GPIB? Do i need to determine any sequences of initializing of devices?
thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,308 Views)
Hi ,
see gif picture with regard to error cluster.
Just search in Labview help for the error cluster function !!

With regard to initialising of instruments, as a rule of thumb it is smarter to initialise the instrument that takes the longest to performs it start up routinue. If all three instruments have approximately the same  start up time , then its entirely up to you.

Recomend that you  read the appropiate instruction manuals on the instruments, it saves time!

Xseadog

Message 2 of 4
(2,297 Views)
Hi Looser,

there's a 'Merge Error'-function to merge the errors from your initializing functions...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 4
(2,293 Views)

Your sceme is fine. The error cluster is a generic container to pass any error that can occur from one function to the next. Normally, if a function has it's Error In terminal connected and an error is passed in from a previous function, that function will not do naything except pass the error through so it can be handeled in you code.

Since your running on serial, just "serialize" your initialization functions using the error cluster to set the order. This way only one will be running at a time. It doesn't matter what order.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 4 of 4
(2,277 Views)