LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same data wire (source and sink are listed as "datalog file reference of") will not connect

I am trying to write a short program that will convert a string spreadsheet file into a datalog file with the numbers turned back into numbers.  I have a case structure for each type of spreadsheet (different types per columns and different number of columns).  I use a 'for loop' to process all records (rows).  And I use a 'sequence structure' to individually process each column item into its original format (string or number), then group together into a bundle and then write the results to the datalog file format.
The first two (case structures) worked but the second pair of case structures would not allow me to connect the datalog file reference number from the 'write to datalog file' to the 'close datalog file' through the 'for loop' wall.

I am using 8.2

I am sure it is an stupid issue, but the error message just did not point me towards a solution.

con-fUsed, DogFace.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,203 Views)
Hi dogface,

easy answer: because you wired a different datatype! Please note: you used a different local in case 2 and 3...

There are other things to mention:
Try to avoid stacked sequences (see case 0 in changed attachment)!
With error clusters in for loops you should use shift registers!
You can change the size of 'Index array' nodes!

Message Edited by GerdW on 03-19-2007 06:36 PM

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(2,198 Views)
The problem is that you are creating a different type of datalog file in cases 2 and 3 than you are in cases 0 and 1.

The structure of a datalog file is the same as an array of clusters. All of the clusters must be of the same structure. Only the values of the individual cluster elements can vary.

You are trying to write three different cluster structures to a single datalog file. You just can't this.

You'll either need to write to three different files, or come up with a structure that everything will fit into.

One other quick hint. NEVER use a variable to pass data when you can wire the terminal directly to the function.

Ed

Message Edited by Ed Dickens on 03-19-2007 11:39 AM

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 3 of 3
(2,195 Views)