LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

running an exe 6 moths later

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a LabView executable that I had created 6 months ago, on a host machine, and then ported over to a target machine. The exe ran fine on the target numerous times.

I've tried to run this exe today (~6months later) and get an error :

resource not found, error code 3 : could not load front panel

error occured during loading IMAQ Grab Acquire, imgClose, IMAQ Attribure, etc...

Here's what I have on the Host machine, which I used to create the exe :

IMAQ 4.3, LabView 2009 Professional Development System, LabView 2009 Application Builder,

VDM 2009 Full Development      - all these programs have licenses that never expire

And on the Target Machine :

IMAQ 2.5.2, LabView RunTime 9.0, VDM 2009 RunTime  - licenses never expire

What changed that does not allow my exe to run anymore ?

Thanks !

ak

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,926 Views)

Not to sound too blunt or sarcastic, but how are we supposed to know what changed on your computer? Do you think we snuck in and surrepticiously installed software just so we could get you to post and get our post count up? Perhaps you had an software update that you didn't know about. Perhaps you have a file corruption due to some disk I/O error. Perhaps someone (other than us) was playing around on the computer and installed something. Perhaps it's gremlins. Who has access to the computer?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,919 Views)

Is there a utility that can be run to see why the above mentioned VIs are not being loaded ?

Is there any kind of timeout of exe's that are built using LabView Professional ?

Is there a way to further troublsehoot error code 3 ?

ak

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,906 Views)

@cig438 wrote:

Is there a utility that can be run to see why the above mentioned VIs are not being loaded ?

It is a corruption in the VI.

Is there any kind of timeout of exe's that are built using LabView Professional ?

No

Is there a way to further troublsehoot error code 3 ?

Did you try a search?

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/global/lang/en/pg/1/q/error%20code%203%20could%20...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,902 Views)

Did you vaildate that the liscences are still active and that the software versions of IMAQ are the same.  I would first try to communicate with the camera in MAX.  Make sure it is not a liscence or dll issue.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,882 Views)

Yes - the patch looks like it should fix exactly the problem I have. Thanks !

The only remaining issue is when I run this patch it tries to connect tot he internet.

We have a stand-alone computer (one not on the network) on which I need to run this downloader.

Any way to get around this ?

ak

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,874 Views)

Copy the installer to a CD or a USB key?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,860 Views)

Yes, I've downloaded the exe to a USB drive, taken it to the target machine, & it still gives me the error (see attached picture).

Can this downloader be disabled from accessing the internet (or at least continue the install even if there is no network connection) ?

ak

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,814 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cig438

That is not the service pack. That's just a downloader program that goes ahead and downloads the service pack. Download the "standard download" from this page: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2066/lang/en (I'm assuming Windows).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,807 Views)

Well, I thought the Service Pack would fix the error - but I still get the same error code 3 : could not open front panel.

I installed service pack f03 onto the Host machine & then re-built the exe. Then I ported it to the Target machine & ran it, getting the same error as before.

Not sure what to do next... any suggestions ?

ak

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,735 Views)