From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run time license

I am planning for a system that may be distributed to multiple locations.

I want to know if the system is developed in Labview, do I need to install a RUN time system in each computer, and usually, do we need to buy a license for each of the run time system installed?

I know that for LV 2009, it seems that it requires a RUN TIME ENGINE for any Labview system, I remember for LV 7, it does not need that. Is that correct?

I may also need to use the Vision module, it does have another RUN TIME system, and do we need to purchase a license for each installation?

How about the image acquisition and the camera driver, again, if that part of the function is used, do we need to be purchase a license for each installation?

How about system implemented in Lab windows?  Is there a Run time license needed and do we need to purchase for each of them?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(14,337 Views)

@akang wrote:

I am planing for a system that may be distributed to multiple locations.

I want to know if the system is developped in Labview, do I need to install a RUN time system in each computer,

Yes

do we need to pay for each of the run time system installed?

No (I'm talking about the LabVIEW RunTime).

I know that for LV 2009, it seems that it requires a RUN TIME ENGINE for any Labview system, I remember for LV 7, it does not need that. Is that correct?

No. All versions of LabVIEW have required the RunTime Engine for built applications. With old versions this was pre-"attached" into the application. But it was still there.

I may also need to use the Vision module, it does have another RUN TIME system, do we need to purchase a license for each installation ?

Yes

How about the image acquisition and the camera driver, again, if that part of the function is used, do we need to be purchase a license for each installation ?

See here.

How about system implemented in Labwindows? Is there a Run time license needed and do we need to purchase for each of them?

Yes. But like the LabVIEW one, it's free.

NOTE: All of the answers above could have been found from a simple search on the NI site for "run-time license".

Message 2 of 5
(14,328 Views)

You have needed a run-time engine since LabVIEW 5.1 I think. It is free and must be installed on every computer.

See this for Vision licensing. You should contact your local Sales Engineer for details.

LabWindows/CVI also requires a run-time. It is free.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(14,326 Views)

All built LabVIEW executables require installation of the runtime of the version used to built it. (The non-runtime executables were much older than 7.0, try e.g. 4.0 🐵

The runtime engine is free.

However, certain toolkits (e.g. Vision) might require additional run-time licenses. Check the documentation for your drivers to see what the restrictions are.

Message 4 of 5
(14,322 Views)

That's everybody for the answer.

-------------------------

No. All versions of LabVIEW have required the RunTime Engine for built applications. With old versions this was pre-"attached" into the application. But it was still there.

------------------------

I see, that explains my impression.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(14,304 Views)