From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run time engine missing in xecutable

Hi,

I created an executable file for my project. But when I tried to install the build in another system with no labview setup it shows that labview run time engine is missing. How to ovrcome this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,077 Views)

On your development PC, create an installer for your executable that includes the run-time engine.

Or download the run-time engine from ni.com and install that on the PC where you installed your executable.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,074 Views)

Have you include that package when installing EXE file. That is the example of LV 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,070 Views)

Can you tell me the proper and necessary steps to make my program a stand alone application.

I just selectd the create exe from vi option in tools, selected the location and selected build.

What are all the steps to be filled.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,065 Views)

Ya here it is.

Add the following components shown in attached file when creating exe file.

For project you may need this component also

• Open the project window.
  • Right click on the my computer.
  • Add -> folder (Snapshot).
  • Go to C -> Program files -> National instruments  -> labVIEW 2011 -> vi.lib -> Utility -> open LVClass -> press current folder  

Repeat the same procedure for NIReport.lib

May all the component you dont need but atleast take a reference

Let me know if  you have any queries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,053 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,030 Views)

Thank you for your useful links. I tried to follow the steps given but it shows the following window and does not complete building th exe.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,015 Views)

Are you sure all the required component is added ?

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,013 Views)

when you are getting this error during building or somewhere else ?

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,011 Views)

That error is telling you that LabVIEW doesn't have some component needed in the build.  I believe that error can be ignored, when you go to build the installer it will ask you for the locaiton of the component you are missing.  Usually this is on a CD or download.

For example lets say in the Additional Installers you checked DSC but you don't have DSC installed.  This error will pop up saying "Hey if you want me to include DSC in this installer I'm going to need you to give me DSC to include it".  When you go to build it it will say "So where is that DSC you wanted me to include?" and you'll need to provide DSC either from a NI CD/DVD or from a download.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,996 Views)