From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run time change # of radio button and boolean text

By default radio buttons show labels. 

You can not change label of control in run-time, only caption or boolean text.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(680 Views)

PS, no, radio buttons show boolean text. Just link to the button inside radio-button-cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(678 Views)

You can't change the Boolean text of the Booleans in the radio button?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(676 Views)

That would solve my problem. How do you link to a button?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(674 Views)

How do you create or link the property node to control? The same way.

Select control (button), right click it, Create -> property node.

OR

Put or copy Property node, Right click - "Link to", navigate to button inside radios

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(665 Views)

Hi,

the attached example shows how to change the boolean texts and the caption texts inside a radio button control. Obviously the labels are not changeable in runtime, just hide them.

Edit: this is a generic approach, which covers all booleans inside a radio buttons control. Use it if only the reference is available (e.g. access to a radio buttonc ctl. in another VI etc.), or if all texts must be altered at once.

Sorry, I haven't seen the other approch in Message 12 in the first place, it is more streight forward. So use it, if the control is placed in the same VI.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(655 Views)

Can you reinitalize default values of a radio button after program is complete? I tried to do this with an invoice node but received an error

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(642 Views)

@labking33 wrote:

Can you reinitalize default values of a radio button after program is complete? I tried to do this with an invoice node but received an error

Hi labking33,

I guess You mean an invoke node. Yes, it works - I've put an invoke node into the stop-button value-change event node, to try out.

Did You link the node to the radio button control or did You wire a reference to the invoke node? Maybe the reference became invalid before the invoke node has been executed.

I'm using LV2011, if that info may help for debugging.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(637 Views)