LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run data not being displayed in the data view tab following a run

Recently I had some engineerings troubleshooting an issue with our test setup and since then, they run data is not automatically displayed in the dataview tab.  I am now having to drag it over from the project documentation tab.  I am sure there is a quick fix.  What is it?  Also, how can I password protect to prevent this type of issue in the future?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,037 Views)

@Benbrax wrote:

Recently I had some engineerings troubleshooting an issue with our test setup and since then, they run data is not automatically displayed in the dataview tab.  I am now having to drag it over from the project documentation tab.  I am sure there is a quick fix.  What is it?  Also, how can I password protect to prevent this type of issue in the future?

So they changed something?  You don't have a backup of the software, nor any kind of software control?  Where I work, you can't even run modified code on a production unit, else you just created an expensive "engineering unit."  Could be they deleted just one data wire and it may take you hours to find it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,025 Views)
Spoiler
I loaded the software on a lap top and I set it up to monitor a pressure transducer for 90 second runs.  I am still getting good data, it is just that the data is no longer being displayed to the dataview tab once the run is complete.  I am having to drag the latest file form the project documenation tab to the data view tab in order to see it.  It must be a simple sitting the engineers clicked.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,017 Views)

I don't think this will be debuggable without seeing the actual code used to populate the DataView tab.

Your only option at this point may be to reinstall the software to restore default settings and requalify your test system.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,009 Views)