From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.rtm files for VI's that are in the lvlib which is the Top-Level library for a Packed Project Library

I'm building packed project libraries for distribution in a framework baseline.  I only wish to expose the code that I've included in the lvlib.  The only thing in the lvlib are top level VI's (no rtms).  When I build the packed project library with the lvlib as the Top-Level library, and any VI has a custom rtm, the rtm ends up appearing as a public function in the packed project library.  Is this a bug in LabVIEW 2014?  I did a simple example build with a blank diagram VI with a custom rtm, made an lvlib (with only the blank VI included in it) and then when building the packed project library, both the blank VI AND the rtm show up.  Is there something I should be doing to hide the rtms explicitly?

Thanks for your help and thoughts in advance.

CLA, CTA
Not my tempo... AGAIN!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,244 Views)
I have typically found that it was a better approach to not use rtm files, but to build the menus programmatically. It's also faster and more flexible.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,191 Views)