From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rt fifo shared variable multielement array

Good morning.

I need to get a much, much, much clearer picture of how to set up a multielement RT FIFO-enabled shared variable of an array of singles.  The words and phrases used in the documentation differs significantly from those on the shared variable editor dialog.  The RT FIFO page of properties has entries for "Number of arrays:" and "Number of elements (type: Array of Single):".

What is surprising is the dance of names that occurs on the RT FIFO page when selecting Single instead of Array of Single and when selecting Multi-element instead of Single Element.

I need to clearly understand which entry refers to the number of array elements (dimension of the array of single) and which entry refers to the number of FIFO elements (each of which is an array of single).

Thanks so much,

Hamilton Woods

Message 1 of 2
(2,351 Views)

Hi Hamilton Woods,

Number of elements is the dimension of the array and the Number of Arrays is the number of FIFO elements

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Joel I.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,314 Views)