From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rt - How do I actuate solenoid valves using ni 9476 with RT Mode, Chasis cRIO 9074

I have a question which I supposed that s.one has posted it couple years ago without (probably) proper answer.

I'm trying to actuate a number of 24 vdc solenoid valves using the NI 9476 and an external 24vdc power supply. So I have a valve whcih is in NORMALLY OPEN (NO) mode and the other one in NORMALLY CLOSED (NC) mode. When my program is running, at certain time, I want to energize NO to be CLOSED and NC to be OPENED.  

The valves actually msolenoid from ASCO co. I am using Chasis cRIO 9074 in LabVIEW RT mode. A simple example will be helpful.

Thank you for your attention

Thanks,

ABLucker

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,186 Views)

Using the RIO output you cannot drive a solenoid (Current rating will be very less). Try to have a relay with 24Vdc and required current already provided, you can enable or disable the relay to Activate the SOV.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,169 Views)

Hi,

Thank you very much. I actually found it by myself. The answer you provided for sure is correct. External power source is needed, which basically can be used by NI 9476 to energize the microsolenoid valves.

Thanks anyway!.

Best :DD

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,160 Views)