From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robotics starter kit 1.0

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have the robotics starter kit 1.0 and Labview 2012. I would like to use it custimizing the FPGA, that is not using starter kit VIs directly. I haven´t been able to find an example of this for the starter kit 1.0 and I dont't want to start from scratch.

To clarify my question, I would like to work in an enviroment similar to the one on the left, instead of the one shown on the right, but for the starter kit 1.0

proyectos.jpg

So my question is, where can I find an example of the roaming program for the starter kit 1.0, with an FPGA vi?

Thanks

Juan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,741 Views)

I don't have the starter kit 2.0, but you could add an FPGA target to your existing chassis.  You'll need to configure the chassis to be in FPGA mode rather than scan engine.

The Colex Group
Lead Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,722 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JFXod

JFXod

Certainly as it says "jordankuehn", what you see on the left of the image is a project, that added a FPGA Target (Right click on the chassis >> New >> FPGA Target), which allows you to work in FPGA environment and not in SCAN mode Engine (picture right). Now unfortunately the 2012 version of LabVIEW and the LabVIEW Robotics Module 2012 does NOT contain an example to customize the work with the Starter Kit 1.0, unlike an example to work with the Starter Kit 2.0.

You could do the following: The version of LabVIEW 2010, if it contained an example to customize the features of the Starter Kit 1.0, then you could install the 2010 version of LabVIEW and LabVIEW Robotics and get this example. Or you can see the attachment which is an example, that I have used to work with the Starter Kit 1.0 in LabVIEW 2012.

Ing. Jonathan E. Cruz Ortiz

ENERGÍA PROACTIVA S.A.S

Cel : (+57) 3173669343 - (+57) 3124451894

Message 3 of 5
(2,703 Views)

Thanks Jonathan, this is exactly what I needed!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,691 Views)

hi, what is different between the FPGA one and without the FPGA? Which one is better? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,497 Views)