From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robotics CAD Model Converter

Is there any way to control the motors by the built in encoders?

Else, why are the encoders built into machine?

thanks for prompt response.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,315 Views)

Before I suggest any examples, can you clarify if you are referring to the encoders on the sbRIO?

Regards,

Chris H

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

Chris H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,285 Views)

Hi:

for this app does sbrio have the capability to use feedback from the encoders?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,272 Views)

Hi:

I need to drive an led from an output pin on the sbrio9632. How do I do this?

I also have a custom sensor which outputs a 3.3-5v ttl signal which I need to monitor when it comes on. How do I do this?

I have read the 9632 manual but I am unclear how to program board to do this? what functional VI do I use or combination? Is there a tutorial?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,239 Views)

Treewq,

One of the best resources we have for programming RT and FPGA targets is the cRIO Developer's Guide I linked below.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/products/us/fullcriodevguide.pdf

You will have to be careful since accessing the IO may be slightly different on your card, but the actual functions and programming architecture will be very similar.  I would at least go through the table of contents to see everything talked about in the guide, but the most relevant chapter for monitoring IO on the FPGA would be Chapter 5 (page 80).

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,221 Views)

Thanks for all the previous help, but I need some more assitance.

I am trying to create a fpga 'instance?' or vi which I can install into the robotics starter kit 2.0 which will allow the robot to start when the power is on.

I read in the io board 375052c manual pg 18 and your web pages how to do this but the documentation is a little behind the hardware. On page 18 in step 3 there is no 'RUN WHEN LOADED TO FPGA CHECKBOX' so I am not sure what to do.

The starter kit project explorer was able to establish a FPGA TARGET under the CHASSIS, not My Computer folder.

I tried to run the program in starter kit 2.0 roaming once the FPGA TARGET  was established as a prog to run when the bot was turned on but the bot would respond.

Can you help?Please, to get the bot to run at power one per second item in table 2 of the 375052c 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,194 Views)

Treewq,

I would look at the Knowledge Base article linked below.  It goes over how to get your FPGA VI to run at startup.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BC513C2A0DC29C89862574BF0002B0B9?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,176 Views)

I looked at it and tried to follow the instructions but

You can then configure the bitfile to run when it is loaded to the FPGA by right-clicking on the new compilation specification and selecting properties, which will produce the following screen:

there is no properties to select when right clicking. I tried to right click a number of instances in the project file to see if I could do something and relooking in the help file but I couldn't find anything.

If you could let me know how to proceed I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,167 Views)

Treewq,

I am not sure if you meant to attach an image.  The following screen is what I see when I create a new build specification under the FPGA target.

Capture.PNG

Does this option not appear for your or is it just not running the VI on startup?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,135 Views)

it is the whole process to get there.

If you start from the robotics wizard

you first need to create the fpga in the chassis

then you create a real time app. 'under' the sbrio   Biuld Specification

then Build under 'title of RT App'

Set startup type

and deploy.

If you don't have the first the rest don't seem to follow.

and its seems there was no straight forward way to eventually get there.

I haven't tried it yet, and hope it works. but it seems all there

Thanks for reply

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,130 Views)