From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robot control

Hi to all.

For my project I want to give a series of movement to a 5-servo (The base has 360 deg, others 180 deg) robotic arm through a serial port.

1. I want to do the sequence by scripting the angles (controlled by sliders) and show them to a table
  2. Next I want to show the movement by a virtual picture of the robotic arm (preferably 3D)
  3. Lastly I want to control it via internet

can anyone guide me through this. I am very new with LV  to study all the examples 🙂

-taL,

Malaysia (KL)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(4,703 Views)

Check this thread out for some help.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=373861

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(4,685 Views)

If you are new to LabVIEW, you may want to familiarize yourself with it a little and then take another look at the examples with a more thorough understanding. You can do this by looking at LabVIEW Fundamentals (Program Files >> National Instruments >> LabVIEW >> LabVIEW Manuals), or complete LabVIEW in 3 Hours (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5247)

Doing this will help you much more in the long run. Then you can see the following resources for your three steps:

2.  Using the 3D Picture Control (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361E-01/lvconcepts/3d_pic_control/)

Creating a 3D Scene with the 3D Picture Control (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361E-01/lvhowto/create_3d_scene/)

3. Remote Front Panels (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5154)

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
Message 3 of 26
(4,634 Views)
VI posted here
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(4,575 Views)

Thread continued from here

anyway anyone can repair my program?:smileysurprised: I also have seen example of robot.vi, seems very complicated for me.

I don't understand what you coded up, so I don't know what's supposed to be repaired. You haven't really explained what you're trying to do. If we break your problem down, let's start with the "scripting" of the angles. What exactly does this mean? Does this mean you want to be able to read some file that contains the sequence of angles? Does this mean that you want to have a table where the user directly enters the angles in the table? Does this mean that you want to provide some other GUI where the user enters angles and they get added to the table?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(4,534 Views)

sorry...

What I want to do is:

1) to have the Slider control of the servo integrated with the Table when I turn the switch to 'Scripting'. So when the switch is left to Scripting the Table will record the current reading of all servo degree value if I move-and-release a slider control

2) the Table will record all the readings by steps indicated by the rows. The sequence(s) can be Saved as a file that can be Loaded later, which I also don't know what kind of file that should be

3) When I press Run, all the sequence(s) will be sent to a serial port (my project here uses a serial port) that connected to the robotic arm and executed accordingly.

4) I also want to have this program published online, so I can control it through internet <- solved

5) The program will be integrated to a graphic that show the movement. (I know this is a major task,  the robot uses a 360 deg servo at its base, so it has other dimension than other servos)

I am using LabVIEW 8.5

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(4,509 Views)

The first thing you should do is to use a well established architecture such as a state machine or a producer-consumer architecture. The reason for doing this is so that it will be easier to design, build, and test your app. The producer-consumer architecture is convenient in that one loop is used to handle your user interface, and the other loop performs actions. 

As for the specific question on updating a table with script commands, this isn't that complicated. The event structure is your friend. See attached example. Presumably when you're in interactive mode, then changing the servo control would send the command out. This can easily be accomplished if you use the producer-consumer architecture. In this case you would basically be sending a message to the consumer loop (via the queue) to move that particular servo.

Message 7 of 26
(4,494 Views)

Thanks smercurio.

Next how about the serial interface.

When the run button is pressed the signal of angles that shown in the table will be executed to the serial port.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(4,418 Views)

Hi.. it's been a while, got through exams. and now got 3 weeks to accomplish these

How can I integrate the control with 3d modeling, such as the 3d studio. Or is it esier using Labview to draw the robotic arm 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(4,269 Views)

Hi.. it's been a while, got through exams. and now got 3 weeks to accomplish these

How can I integrate the control with 3d modeling, such as the 3d studio. Or is it easier using Labview to draw the robotic arm 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(4,268 Views)