LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rising edge synchronization with daqmx 6251

Hi,

I keep getting an 'Error -200452' when trying to run my program. I've been trying to implement a rising edge detector for an *external* clock that I'd be supplying my daq.

I'm very new to labView so explanations are incredibly welcome. 

Here is a photo of most of my block diagram. The error in question is occuring at the trigger block near the bottom:

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,542 Views)

Hello Ryerye,

I have found this article giving a description of the error you are getting:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/05A563FE3AA7B3C286256FF90077C303?OpenDocument

Maybe you could look into the configuration of timing and triggering of your Digital Input task, what channels are you using on this task? Where are you wiring the external clock you describe?

It could be that is not possible to route the signals for triggering as you set it up on your code, please try with PFI signals on this case.

Please let me know the final goal on this application so I may refer you to examples or an architecture on the code that would help you achieve that.

Regards,

David M. 

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,447 Views)

This code is meant to do many things at once:

Primarily:

- it shifts digital signals through a digital output while also reading in digital signals and saving the inputs to an array. (That's most of the top code)

- it will also output specific trigger signal (low before the user hit's 'start', high while the code runs, and low again after the code finishes up).

Currently, I've set up the program so it runs based off a timer in the while loop. I'd like to eventually have that run according to the rising edge of an external clock that I'd provide with a function generator and input through a digital input pin. This is where I'm shaky - If I understand correctly, the trigger block allows it's task to execute according to the rising edge of some source clock. I made the source a control such that I can point it to the specific pin where I'd connect my function generator.

I threw the sample clock in there because every sample I looked at had one - but I'm unsure what it's doing.

Is the 'sample clock' block exclusively used when you're using an internal clock signal?

Thanks again,

Ryan 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,430 Views)