From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ring text working differently in development end vs ex environment?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,
The ring text somehow is working differently in the development environment vs the exe
environment.  I can't seem to figure out why.
I have attached the vi of the front panel and the block diagram.

Basically, I want to delete the text/number in the ring text after I've used it.

It works in the development environment but not in the exe environment. I've tried
different ways.

This is a subVI so I am only including the subVI.

The second attachment is were I am trying a different way but result is the same...exe doesn't work as in the development environment. The text/number in the ring text isn't deleted in the exe environment.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,528 Views)

You need to edit the Strings[] property if you want to remove an item from the list.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,517 Views)

Hi,

Yes, I remove the items from the list with successfully in the development environment. However, in the exe environment it doesn't seem to work.

Anyone else?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,462 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Jose_LabVIEW

Hi All,

I've solved the issue. Somehow it works,  (removing text on the ring text in the exe environment) on 2013 Pro version but not in LV 8.5 Pro Version. I don't know if this is a software bug?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,445 Views)

HI Jose,

again: you need to edit the "Strings and Values" array to remove items from the ring!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,434 Views)