LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

right place to put diadem express

Hi.  I'm trying to find out the best place to put my diadem express so that it will open after the completion of the program.  When you click the log button, it saves data and after you click the log button again the data collection stops.  I would like for diadem to open after this and in the report fill in with the data saved.  However I don't know where in my loop structure I should place this.  The Project with all the sub vi's are included.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,493 Views)

Hi ChooChoo,

What version of LabVIEW do you have? See if you can look at the examples found in the Program FIles directory here:

labview\examples\reports\DIAdem\DIAdem Report Express VI.llb

It seems like you should do all of your data collection and then send the signals as an array to the express VI outside of the while loop. If you put the Express VI inside the while loop, you'll be creating a report each time the while loop executes, which is not what you want.

Kelsey W.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,460 Views)

Hi Kelsey,

I have LabVIEW 2013 Professional I believe. 

Would I need to place the Express VI in a case or event structure?  The way we run our tests, we do not start and stop LabVIEW each trial but keep the program running throughout all tests. However we save each trial using the Log button.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,450 Views)

Hi ChooChoo,

You have quite a few options of how you could architect your program. What makes the most sense to me is to use a State Machine. There are several state machine examples that ship with LabVIEW and even more can be found at ni.com/community. You can also start from one of the State Machine templates when you create your project, so that it's easier to get started.

Here is a helpful White Paper: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7595/en/

I'd recommend changing the front panel a bit so that when the "Log" button is pushed, you continuously collect data until a different "Stop/End Log" button is pushed. This "Stop/End Log" button does not stop your whole program, but rather tells the state machine to go to the state where you are logging data to the DIAdem report. 

Another idea you might want to look into is to use TestStand. TestStand is test sequence framework specifically made for testing mutliple units from the same program in a very efficient manner. 

More info on TestStand: http://www.ni.com/teststand/

Kelsey W.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,433 Views)