LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revert .vi files to labview 6.0 version

Hi, I was trying to use the newest labview to open old .vi files written in labview 6.0. But I got so many warnings and couldn't get it to work. So I decided to change back to 6.0 version. I made a stupid mistake by saving the .vi files to the original ones.

So now the 6.0 program won't load the files saved in a newer version and I've got no way out...

I don't have any backup so it's problematic for me. Can anyone tell me how I can revert them back to 6.0 version. The earliest version I can save to right now is 8.0

Please help me. Thank you all.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,591 Views)
Use the conversion boasts that you see linked at the top of the page.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,590 Views)
Sorry. Auto correct changed board to boasts.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,588 Views)

I'd say the best option...you're paid to fix all the errors and update it.  Have fun.  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,582 Views)

What warnings were you getting?  The most common I see from opening VIs that old is due to the Traditional DAQ no longer being available.  Those will need to be rewritten to use DAQmx.

The downconvert process to go back to 6 is a pain.  You have to save it back to 8, then 7, then 6.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,576 Views)

The warnings I got were something like "subVI's are not excutable"

I know nearly nothing about LabVIEW, so re-program everything can be equally pain for me...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,560 Views)

I'm pretty much volunteering in the lab. We just want to get the machine back to work. If I were to fix the bugs and update everything, I have to learn labview from the scratch... atray from my purpose somehow.

But thanks for encouraging me to do so. I would take the challenge if I have more time.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,556 Views)

Got it. I'll make a new post there. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,553 Views)