From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset output terminal daqmx for counter

Hello everybody,

I am really stuck with the USB 6343 currently: I am using the 4 counters on this USB device to generate output pulses on PFI0 to 10.

It works fine, but when I run the example from the figure below for output terinal PFI0 (I have attached LEDS) it runs fine.

Now if I select PFI1 for the second time I run this VI, then PFI0 ALSO fires simultaneously.

So for some reason this mapping is not cleared when the task is terminated. Only thing that works is disconnecting the USB plug and plugging in again.

Any suggestions?

daqmx.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,285 Views)

Hi Faust

I think you will find the following article usable:

Disconnecting Hardware Routes Using the DAQmx Tristate VI and DAQmx Disconnect Terminals VI:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5499F43F847E01AC86256ED10067505C?OpenDocument

Please let me know if this solves your problem:

Best Regards

Anders Rohde

Applications Engineer

National Instruments Denmark

Message 2 of 13
(3,250 Views)

Thank you Anders. I will reply with my finding

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,248 Views)

Well, this works! Do you also know how I route multiple output ports to a single counter (in one instance)?

When I use the property node twice for output terminal in the same task, it returns an error.

I actually used my 'problem' sometimes to my benefit when I want 2 terminals to 1 counter, by running the VI twice.

Thanks again for the help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,247 Views)
Message 5 of 13
(3,232 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion.

I can route multiple output terminals for CNTR 0 and 1, but it returns an error for cntr 2 and 3 (always).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,228 Views)

Hi Fous,

Which error do you get every time? Could you make a screenshot of it and reply to this ?

Thanks,

Hossein

Message 7 of 13
(3,225 Views)

Yes, I can see attached!

daqmx2.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,222 Views)

I put a case around the  ''DAQMX Connect Terminals" subvi. I can use this for cntr 0 and cntr 1, and it returns an error for cntrs 2 and 3.

When I select only 1 outut terminal for cntr 2 and 3 it works fine (so setting case to F)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,221 Views)

Hi Fous,

Below you can find the useful information about that error.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5E5FF6D0FE2D721A86257695005B1E7D?OpenDocument

Regards,

Hossein

Message 10 of 13
(3,215 Views)