cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset a feedback node of strings within a loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I would like to reset a feedback node of strings that is within  loop.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,211 Views)

Use a select node wired to a latch action boolean and either feed it an empty string or the previous data depending on the boolean state.

(What does the subVI do? How do you stop the VI?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,207 Views)

Thanks,

Can you help me more?

That VI converts a real numbers to strings. It stops when the while loop does. It has no loop inside it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,203 Views)

idir93 wrote:

Can you help me more?

Are you familiar with the select function? The chances of getting help is typically increased if you attach your VI so we can modify it. Nobody want to waste time and write code from scratch.

@idir93 wrote:

That VI converts a real numbers to strings.

You don't need a subVI for that. LabVIEW has built-in primitives that already do the same thing.

@idir93 wrote:

It stops when the while loop does. It has no loop inside it.

The loop can never stop because a FALSE diagram constant is wired to the loop condition and the loop is set to "stop if true". Since this can never become true, your VI cannot be stopped and needs to be aborted. A loop like that also needs a small wait (e.g. 50ms). There is no need to spin this loop millions of times per second, wasting 100% of at least one CPU core. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,194 Views)

The SubVI, process the string too. but that doesn't matter I think.

This is the VI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,189 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author idir93

@idir93 wrote:

Can you help me more?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,184 Views)

@idir93 wrote:

The SubVI, process the string too. but that doesn't matter I think.

This is the VI

OK, now your while loop is just a glorified FOR loop that stops after about 10 iterations, (or about after a few nanoseconds). This makes the code unusuable. You cannot press the button that fast!

Here's a quick modification. (note that the button must be latch action. Are you familiar with mechanical action settings?)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,175 Views)

Thank you very much. This was really helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,142 Views)