LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report generator error -2147023174 / -2147417846

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with the report generation toolkit when i deploy my executable to a target computer. I have had two different errors so far:

Error -2147023174 occurred at "Property Node (arg 1) in NI_ReportGenerationToolkit.lvlib:Word_borders_shading_(adv).vi->NI_Word.lvclass:Word Format Borders (adv).vi->NI_ReportGenerationToolkit.lvlib:Word Easy Text.vi

Error -2147417846 occurred at "The message filter indicated that the application is busy in NI_Word.lvclass:Word Find & Replace(str.vi

On the development PC everything works ok. The second error was not caused by Word waiting for a dialog.

For debugging purposes I started on a new development PC, installed Labview 2010SP1 and the Report Generation toolkit 2010. I got a strange error, see attachment. Labview solved the conflict, but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the errors at the target PC.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,944 Views)

Hi xx12345,

Have you made sure that your LabVIEW version, Report Generation toolkit and Microsoft office Versions are compatible:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C9408B9F08D711E786256F3300701D01?OpenDocument

Regards,

Mark

Applications Engineer Intern
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,874 Views)

Hi Mark,

the Labview version is 2010SP1, Report Generation Toolkit 2010 and Office 2010, on Windows 7.

I also have an old Windows XP laptop with Office 2007, on which the application runs without problems

Regards,

Brenda

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,872 Views)

Hi Brenda, 

Would it be possible to let me know how your application uses the report generation toolkit , in order to understand where the errors could be coming from .

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,808 Views)

Hi Mark,

I have an MSWord template which contains a lot of tokens like #@Date@#, #@Time@#, etc. I use New Report.vi to create a report with this template. Then I use the Word Find & Replace (str).vi to replace the tokens by actual values.

Furthermore there are some tables in the template in which I insert images using the Word Edit Cell (path).vi

At the end I use the Word Easy Text.vi to insert the contents of a text file at the end of the document.

Regard, Brenda

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,799 Views)

Hi Brenda,

These errors you are getting could be due to a corrupted install of Microsoft Office causes this error.

The VIs are unable to find Excel and Word therefore updating or reinstalling Microsoft Office should correct the problem.

Regards,

Mark 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,761 Views)

Hi Mark,

I will give this a try, but the error occurs in the middle of the process of replacing items. If the Vis cannot find Word then I would expect the first call to go wrong. In my case the report is generated partially before the error occurs

regards, Brenda

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,740 Views)

Hi,

I built a new version of the software on a new clean environment to see if that was causing the problem, but now I get the error -2147024891 (access denied) at the very same place the error -2147023174 occurred. Could this also be caused by a corrupt Office installation?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,710 Views)

MS Office was finally reinstalled at our customers PC, however the problem still remains....

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,552 Views)

Your new error does not seem to come from LV but rather MS Office. A simple googling comes up this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302080

which you may want to try first before any further troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,537 Views)