From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report generation toolkit and Stand-Alone Application

I know this question has been posed many time already.  I have been fighting this issue for a week now and I've exhaused all ideas I can think of.

I have an application that I moved to another PC.  For the past year or so it has been running off of a machine that has LV installed (LV2010).  The issue is none of the RGT VIs seem to be working.  I know this is related to additional files that need to be included in the application, an believe me, I have tried, but nothing works.  I have read through all the threads I can find related to this issue as well as documents and the LV Help. 

--It is my understanding the the dynamic VIs for Excel and Word do not need to be included for LV versions higher than 8.2.  But I tried anyway and nothing.

--I've added the folders LVClass and NIReport.llb folders to my project and "always included" in my application.  Still nothing.

--I've tried adding NI_Excel.lvclass to my project as the instructions in the help say to do and included it into my application.  Still zilch.

--I've tried different combinations of things to try and get this to work and I get the same result.

For some reason, the program cannot find the VIs it needs in order to generate the report.  No errors are returned either from the application.

I should note that when I included the NI_Excel.lvclass to my application that the size of the program did not change.  I thought this was strange.  It appeared the files in the class did not get included since they were not greyed out; however, after including the NIReport.llb which contains this class, they did get included, but unfortunately this did not fix my issue.

One question I have is why do the files in the LVClass and NIReport.llb folders not appear in the Preview, but if you have "Use LabView 8.x file layout" under the Advanced page checked, they do?  This should be unchecked I know, just curious as to what was witnessed.

I am hoping this is something simple that I have over-looked.  I'm tired of beating my head into the wall.  I appreciate any assistance you folks can give. 

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,006 Views)

What version of RGT?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,979 Views)

Version 2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,973 Views)

I just compiled a project that uses RGT for LV2010SP1.

• Report Generation Toolkit 10.0.0
  • Included NI_Excel.lvclass in project and as 'Always Included' in the build spec.
  • I did have the 'Use LabVIEW 8.x file layout' checked under 'Advanced'.  App works just fine.  ( This was a project originally done in LV8.2) In process of recompiling with this unchecked to see what happens to final .exe

You might try deleting your build spec and creating a new one.  Make sure you save and exit LV after deleting the build spec. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,968 Views)

I double checked the version.  The version for 2009 was for LV2010 DS1.  For LV 2010 DS2, which is what I'm using, the version for the RGT is 2010 (10.X.X).  Let me know what you find with the 8.2 file layout unchecked.  Thanks Wayne.

Reese

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,957 Views)

Mo,

The .exe created with the 8.x unchecked runs just fine.  I did check and the .exe is larger due to the extra files inlcuded directly in the .exe vs the Data folder.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,951 Views)

@Wayne.C wrote:

Mo,

The .exe created with the 8.x unchecked runs just fine.  I did check and the .exe is larger due to the extra files inlcuded directly in the .exe vs the Data folder.

Yes, I noticed this as well.

Let me ask, if if the class libraries are in the dependencies, won't they be a part of the application?  So why does it need to be included.  NI_Excel.lvclass in in the dependencies.

Reese

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,944 Views)

MoReese wrote:

Let me ask, if if the class libraries are in the dependencies, won't they be a part of the application?  So why does it need to be included.  NI_Excel.lvclass in in the dependencies.

I don't know the exact answer for that.  A clue may be that even before the RGT used classes, there was a .lib that had to be 'Always Included' with the build.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,942 Views)

See this is what I mentioned earlier.  You will notice that the NI_Excel.lvclass is Always Included, but the files associated with the class are not (not greyed out).  Shouldn't they be?

Application Screen Shot.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,936 Views)

Best guess is that the vi's in the toolkit are set for reentrant execution.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,917 Views)