From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report generation toolkit 2011 problem report office

I use labview 2011, My executable file open and save report in ms office format.

Now customer try the same programm on his pc, program run and open ms office, but not write any data to file

Any help.... Plz

ps: dynamic Word file already included in the project

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,168 Views)

Can you share any of your code?  If not, we're going to have to guess what it is doing.

Have you ran the executable on any other computers you have? 

Does the customer have MS Office?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,154 Views)

when you create project file, add this llb file. then check..it should work also copy in file where your all VI is there.

Also share the error code it generates

Let me know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,152 Views)

@natasftw wrote:

Can you share any of your code?  If not, we're going to have to guess what it is doing.

Have you ran the executable on any other computers you have? 

Does the customer have MS Office?

Like he mentioned.....its opens but didnt write anything

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,151 Views)

That tells us just about nothing other than we believe they have MS Office. 

Is the code setup to create the file if it doesn't exist?  Is it reading the correct location for the "dynamic word file" included in the project?  Was data processed as expected or was there an underlying cause that prevented data from being created so the lack of writing data makes sense?

What he said offered very little insight into what the problem is.  Hopefully your library fixes his issue.  But, nothing he's said offers any real light into the issue he's currently having.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,147 Views)

customer had ms office

and programm run perfect on other pc's

Progtamm run on Win 8 + MS office 2011, Win 7/XP + all types of MS offices (include office 2013)

Bat customer had win 8 + MS office 2013, in this configuration i have a problem

Tnx to all

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,125 Views)

@Vaj wrote:

customer had ms office

and programm run perfect on other pc's

Progtamm run on Win 8 + MS office 2011, Win 7/XP + all types of MS offices (include office 2013)

Bat customer had win 8 + MS office 2013, in this configuration i have a problem

Tnx to all

where it is creating problem and where it is working fine? what are the software version. 

Have you tried creating exe again including my llb file?

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,103 Views)

It's work fine in:  Win 8 + MS office 2011, Win 7/XP + all types of MS offices (include office 2013)

Problem occure in win 8 + MS office 2013. Programm run fine and execute all commands. Communication to all equipment is good. Only report data not write to doc file. Program open ofiice file, but nothing happend in the file. After each test (programm bild from 6 tests) report data must be saved to document. Document stay blank

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,085 Views)

Maybe some driver missing in the pc?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,084 Views)

Any error message you receive? Try reinstalling. if not work then install 2011 and check. if work then may be issue with 2013. if not work problem is something else...

--Ranjeet
Message 10 of 16
(3,064 Views)