LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacing daqexpress with daqmx help. code will run but not write.

I'm working in a lab that plots a target graph (stationary bar graph) next to a bar graph that changes based on the force you exert on the force plates while jumping. The original code we have works, but there is a lag. We are trying to rememdy this problem by exchanging the DAQ express vi with DAQmx functions, however, the code will run but it won't write to an excel file. Or, the file is created but is empty. 

I have tried using a generated signal, attaching a waveform graph output in several different places, and wiring the "write to excel" in several different places in the code apart from where it is currently and nothing seems to be giving me any idea on why it isn't writing. (changing the location of the write to excel has no effect on the empty file created and a waveform graph attached in different places also doesn't show anything....generating a signal also doesn't make any difference when compared with having someone jump on the force plates). 

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated! And the codes are attached. MLE1 has the generated signal and MLE uses the forceplate data. Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,233 Views)

here's the code

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,232 Views)

You have no 'Write to Excel'. You have a Write to Spreadsheet File and you have it set to create a new file each time it is run. Also, your filter function makes no sense without sampling frequency, high and low cutoff. You are getting an error there but ignoring it since you have nothing wired up. I would suggest placing a graph indicator or probe the data to see what you are actually getting.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,223 Views)

ok, great. thanks! I'll see what it gives me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,213 Views)