LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repairing lv 2012 installation

To increase my hard disk space, I have deleted some of the older version of LabVIEW, including LV861, 2009, 2010, and 2011.  Now my new installation of 2012 will not run.  I have tried to repair the installation, but it has asked for the LV861 installation DVD, which I cannot find.  Specifically it is asking for nidist.id or(and?) nisuite.xml. 

I have downloaded LV861, but have not installed it.  Is my only option to install LV861?

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,194 Views)

What do you mean by delete?  Did you go through the Windows Uninstall or did you go to the files and delete?  If you just deleted, you would cause major problems.  Some of the drivers and toolkits needed older versions of the Runtime Engine in order to run.  But reinstalling those drivers should clear that up.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,189 Views)

I used windows uninstall to remove the older files that had 2012 replacements. 

I can't find the LV861 installation CD which the windows repair is requesting.  I have checked the National Instruments Downloads folder on the hard drive and it is not there. 

Windows repair of the LV2012 installation has not asked for driver files yet.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,185 Views)

I would uninstall everything.  Then install LV2012 with all of your drivers and toolkits.  The repair of 2012 should not be dependant on a LV8.6 install disk.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,182 Views)