From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing registry

I created Lab Windows application which adds registry. How can I remove this registry during un-installation of this application?

Mira
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,239 Views)
hi mira,

never tried it, but there's an option to execute an application (or script) after installing an app with the installer created with the app-builder. if you run the installer with the app already installed it un-installes the app. maybe the script is executed then also. like i said, never tried it...

pls let me know

best regards
chris
Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,223 Views)
If you're referring to installing the application with the distribution kit, which also adds an entry to the registry, the registry should be cleaned automatically if you uninstall the application, without having to do any other scripting or extra coding. If you're referring to your application that actually has code to add a registry entry, then you can't really automatically clear that registry entry on uninstall. You could create some code to clear the registry in another utility application, and just be sure to run that in addition to the uninstall. Hope this helps!
Jeremy L.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,208 Views)