From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove coercion dot

Hello,

I was going through one of the CLD solutions and wanted to make a type def for the "Token" array (please see attached Type Def.vi file).  Is it possible to get rid of the coercion dot that appears on the Type Def.vi file?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,659 Views)

Why? that coercion dot just indicates that you are connecting a regular cluster array to a typdef cluster array.

There is no performance penalty. Just ignore it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,654 Views)

One simple solution would be to make the array element a typdef (instead of the array). See attached modification.

Message 3 of 6
(2,641 Views)

And here's one possibility if you want to retain the typdef'd array.

Message 4 of 6
(2,637 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

One simple solution would be to make the array element a typdef (instead of the array). See attached modification.

I never make an array a typedef.  If I need that, then I make the elements in the array the typedef.  It makes life a lot easier on many fronts.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 6
(2,608 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I never make an array a typedef.  If I need that, then I make the elements in the array the typedef.

Yup very rarly do I ever make a type def that isn't a enum, or a cluster.  I do it some times on things that I know need to be linked so in the future when updates come, I can just update the type, but this is quite rare.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,574 Views)