LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove borders from stacked plot with 64 channels

Hello,

I am looking for a way to compact my display for 64 channel of data. Is there a way to remove/reduce the border between the stacked plots in a waveform chart? It would be awesome if I could each plot area right on top of the other. It would be even better if I could have them overlap a bit as well.

I don't necessarily need to see each plot clearly, the important part is just being able to see if an individual channel has very high noise compared to it's neighbors.

programatic solutions would be great as well because there will be times when only some of the channels will need to be viewed.

I included a picture of my current stacked plot layout. Basically more border than plot.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,539 Views)

Hi honglyshin,

I think if it is possible, it would be through a property or invoke node.  Could you post your code, so that I can investigate it directly?

Thanks,

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,497 Views)

I'm not sure what my code will do for you. most of it is non-traditional signal acquisition so you wouldn't be able to use it anyway.

I made a sample vi with a 64ch stacked waveform chart if you want to play with the property nodes, but I am unsure which values to change and how to manage all of them together.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,465 Views)

Hi honglyshin,

As it turns out there is a way to essentially merge the plots.  On the plot itself, if you move your mouse to the far right side of a plot, you can drag its upper right corner up(ensure the double-ended expand arrow is oriented with the left side down and the right side up to ensure your have the correct corner) to meet the plot above it.  There doesn't appear to be a way to do this programmatically, but dragging the plot corner to meet the plot above it seems to work.  

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,453 Views)