From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote target is missing required components

Hello,

I am working on data acquisition using labview and cdaq 9191 chassis + 9234 module by using DAQ Assistant.
The DAQ Assistant captures data from the chassis, feeds it into a shared variable and then the VI deploys it over a network.
This worked perfectly about 4 months ago. After That I uninstalled LabView and other drivers.

After reinstalling the whole setup again now when I create a new project and try to put DAQ assistant in the VI, it gives an error - "the remote target is missing required components".

What might have caused this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,125 Views)

Hey Egupta,

What versions of LabVIEW and the DAQmx driver are you using?  You can check this by going into Measurement & Automation Explorer and expanding out the Software tab.  

Are you sure that you installed the DAQmx driver after you installed LabVIEW?  It might be worth reparing the driver if you are unsure and we determine that they are compatible versions. 

KiraT

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,105 Views)

I am attaching the screenshot of the expanded Software tab.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,092 Views)

Those should be compatible.  Have you tried a repair on DAQmx? 

When you used this previously were you on Windows 8? According to this document Windows 8 is not supported for the version of LabVIEW or DAQmx that you are running.  It doesnt mean that it definately will not work, but it could cause some problems.  

On a different note, are you able to see the 9191 in MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,085 Views)

Yes, I used it previously on Windows 8. Also, I am able to see 9191 in MAX.
I have observed one more strange behaviour: when I put DAQ assistant in a blank VI, it works fine. But when I create a new VI in a blank project, it displays the error message.
Could you please tell me which driver version is compatible with Windows 8 or rather give me the link of the related document?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,068 Views)

Anyone solve this error? i also having the same problem

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,809 Views)