LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote front panel cannot load in browser but works from labview

Hello out there,

I need help with that topic.

I've got the same error that SidMayer posted in 2006 - how was that thread solved?

The difference to the described thread is the LabVIEW revision (I am using 8.6) and the target (I am using cRIO-9074).

The web-server on the system is running correctly because i can connect via remote-panel. When i load the webpage created with the web-publishing tool the fatal error occurs.

I tried most of the suggested ideas, but nothing works. A main problem with that is, that I cannot change the root directory of the rt-web-server in its configuration box (the path is p:/ni-rt/system/www instead of c:/ni-rt/system/www). Everytime i change that path, it changes back when i open the configuration page again.

Thanks a lot

Nicole
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 34
(3,356 Views)

Hello out there,

I need some help with that topic.

I've got the same error that SidMayer posted in 2006 - how was that thread solved?

The difference to the described thread is the LabVIEW revision (I am using 8.6) and the target (I am using cRIO-9074).

The web-server on the system is running correctly because i can connect via remote-panel. When i load the webpage created with the web-publishing tool the fatal error occurs.

I tried most of the suggested ideas, but nothing works. A main problem with that is, that I cannot change the root directory of the rt-web-server in its configuration box (the path is p:/ni-rt/system/www instead of c:/ni-rt/system/www). Everytime i change that path, it changes back when i open the configuration page again.

Thanks a lot

Nicole
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 34
(3,352 Views)

Hi Nicole,

In an earlier post, SidMayer was opening the html directly and not opening a browser and typing http://targetipaddress/remotefp.html.

Can you post a screenshot? 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 34
(3,324 Views)

sorry for that post...i found the answer right in that thread. it was the same problem as sidmeyer - i opened the page via ftp.

thanks for your help

Nicole

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 34
(3,312 Views)

Hai sir

I have almost same problem.I am using Lab VIEW 8.6.I published a vi using web publishing tool .I can see and control the vi from anothers system of same subnet.This pc has labview 8.6 installed in it.At the same time when I try this url from a systm in which labview is not installed,but with a runtime engine 2009 I am not able to view the vi.Instead it shows the message downloading 0.00% of 0bytes and after some times it shows fatal error occured remote panel conection closed.I have tried this  by disabling windows firewall and antivirus.Still it shows the same message.The plug ins are therwe in the bowsers plug in directory.Could you please help me.

Thanks

Mithula

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 34
(2,992 Views)

Hello Mithula,

After reading your post, it seems that you are trying to accessing a LabVIEW 8.6 remote panel with a LabVIEW 2009 run-time engine. This will not work. You will need to install the same run-time engine as the remote panel was created in. For your case you will need to install LabVIEW 8.6 run-time engine.

If you have any more problems with this, please feel free to post.

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 34
(2,972 Views)

Thank you sir

If we install Run time engine 2009,it will automatically install plug ins up to 2009 in browsers dirctory ,including 8.6 lug ins.Then why it requires runtime engine 8.6 itself?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 34
(2,956 Views)

Hi mithula,

I understand that installing the LabVIEW 2009 Run-Time Engine installs files in the plugins folder for other versions of LabVIEW. However, we always recommend installing the matching version of the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. Can you please try this and let us know if your issue persists? Thanks!

Aaron P

National Instruments

Applications Engineer

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 34
(2,923 Views)
Thank you sir ..it worked out
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 34
(2,880 Views)

i have built a remote panel using web publishing tool on LV 2009 and when i try to load the pannel on IE8 on the same computer i get the message "loading 0.00% of 0...".i have the Run-Time Engine already installed and i have turned off firewall on my windows7.

could you help me please 😞

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 34
(2,074 Views)