LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote debug - switch on/of via ini ??

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I've read and understood how to remotely debug a VI -- it works quite well.
My question is - can I set the "Enable debugging" and "Wait for debugger on launch" flags in the build specification for the stand-alone real-time application for all my applications, and THEN turn that on or off via something like the .ini file?

This would be great as then we could just set those debugging flags on all our builds, and then be able to enable debug it when neeeded.

Jay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,667 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AJayH

You can set the DebugServerEnabled and DebugServerWaitOnLaunch flags in the application's INI file to determine whether or not remote debugging is enabled. However, your application will be larger and may run slower when built with debugging enabled, even if the debug server is disabled in the INI file, because a lot of extra information (front panels and block diagrams) is included in the build in order to allow debugging, and some compiler optimizations may be disabled.

Message 2 of 9
(2,662 Views)

Thanks. That's what I wanted to know.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,651 Views)

Then you should mark Nathan's message as the solution to your question rather than your own thank you message.  First you will need to go to the options menu to the upper right of your message and unmark it as the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,641 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Then you should mark Nathan's message as the solution to your question rather than your own thank you message.  First you will need to go to the options menu to the upper right of your message and unmark it as the solution.

Off-topic, but I have to ask - is there any benefit to having one's posts marked as the solution? When I look at my profile I can see how many solutions I've authored, but I don't think anyone else sees that, and as far as I can tell solutions don't count as kudos (although they probably should).

I do appreciate your continued efforts to have solutions credited properly.

Message 5 of 9
(2,635 Views)

It's for the feeling of accomplishment, getting a solution is a WIN! 🙂 Kudos is a nice "Thanks *pat on the back* "

Though it should really be visible in the profile, as it's more important than Kudos.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,622 Views)

I think solutions count in the metrics of your forum rating.  And I don't think it is appropriate for someone's solution count to be high because they consistently "solve" their own problem just because they said thanks.

One of the more important things with having the correct post marked as a solution is that it gives a quick jump to the most accurate helpful solution.  On a short message thread, it may not be necessary.  But if you have an active thread where there are multiple and perhaps different, disctinctive responses, it is useful to know which of those responses is the best one that solved the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,616 Views)

Hi RavensFan -- I marked the real answer as the solution, and thanks - I believe in giving credit where it is due. I had mistakenly marked my reply as the answer and didn't know how to undo it. I learned two things by posting this question 🙂 Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,609 Views)

(Actually, your message #3 is still marked and not Nathan's message #2.)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,603 Views)