From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

release time with daqmx

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

How I can define the release time with DAQmx ??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,418 Views)

What is 'release time'?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,412 Views)

release time: is a switch time between tow signal to read a signal to other signal. when tow devices connected with daqmx card... for example: I have to devices and they are connected to a DAQcard.. I want to read a signal from the first device for 50ms and then switch for the other device and read his signalfor 50 ms then switche to the first device ...etc 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,395 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nichts

In general, with a single DAQ device, both signals are connected at the same time and the acquisition time is a function of sample rate and number of samples read. For example, with a sample rate of 1000 Samples/sec and 50 samples, the acquisition will take 50 msec. You get an array returned so if you wanted to look at only one signal per iteration of the while loop, it is simply a matter of indexing  the specific channel from the array. You would need to set sampling mode to continuous to avoid gaps and for precise timing. Using two separate tasks and switching back and forth would add a lot of overhead to close/create the tasks and you would have little control over this time.

Message 4 of 5
(2,381 Views)

thank you very much for your help 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,378 Views)