From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reinstall a subvi

Solved!
Go to solution

So i made a dumb mistake and changed the "Write to spreadsheet file" subvi in labview and hit ctrl S before i saved a copy and im really regreting it but all i did was add an error control input and a control indicator output and change the Pattern to fit that. For some reason that screwed up the VI and i dont know why. so i deleted the error handlers but it sill wont work in my VI. I deleted the instance of the subvi in my VI and replaced it so the most updated write to spreadsheet file VI was placed but it still wont work. how can i get the subvi to work again?

Thank you, Da-Coder

(2,931 Views)

Here is the image of all i changed besides the pattern (which i don't think matters as long as all the wired terminals get wired correctly right?)

(2,927 Views)

Write to Spreadsheet VI is a polymorphic VI, so if you have screwed up one (lets say DBL data type) you open the string data type VI and click Save as and create a seperate VI somewhere in your local drive. Then open that VI seperately and replace the Sring controls to DBL data type depending on 1D or 2D inputs. Then replace the screwedup VI with the newly saved VI, you are done. But make sure you are able to relink the Polymorphic VI.

For the most VI, you will not be allowed to save the VI but that will be based on the location of the VI I believe.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,922 Views)

Not sure im following you correctly P@Anand. Somehow i screwed up the vi, yes it is polymorphic but if it was already Saved through Ctrl +s how can i fix it or where can i find a copy of it to replace my broken one?

Thank you, Da-Coder

(2,912 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Da-Coder

If you have screwed up DBL go to the polymorphic selector and then select "String" and then right click the VI and open the front panel, you will see a different VI. Use that to re-create the screwed-up VI.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 5 of 12
(2,907 Views)

Yep.  You messed up the DBL version of the polymorphic.  Just look at your screen shot again.  It clearly shows that your file is "Write to Spreadsheet File (DBL).vi".  That is the VI you need to repair.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 12
(2,892 Views)

I recommend that you get the polymorphic VI and all instances from a known good machine and copy it over. I don't recomment trying to repair it yourself. Alternatively, you could delete it and then repair the LabVIEW installation.

Message 7 of 12
(2,870 Views)

could you please upload a copy of your write to spreadsheet vi, i tried repairing mine and relinking but your right and it is not working. Also where is the origonal location of the VI so i can put the new one in the proper spot?

Thank you, Da-Coder

(2,819 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,813 Views)

(2,801 Views)