cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

registered dynamic events prevent playing a video

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am busy buildin a seperate video player, and want to control it via a main VI. The wierd thing is: when i make where i have the controls on the video player, it plays the vide (H.264) but when i register events (dynamically) and play it via my main VI, the playbutton is working, i can see the progresbar on the WMP player, but the screen stays black?

Best reagrds,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,426 Views)

Update your graphics card driver, that might help.

In the absence of any more information I'm afraid I can't help any more than that.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,423 Views)

Thanks, but it doesn't help?

When i just connect a boolean dynamically to open a video file it works fine, but the moment i use the control of the "play" button, the WMP player screen goes black? I really don't understand?

Regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,413 Views)

You provide no code.

I can provide no help.

These two things are related.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,407 Views)

Hi,

Now i've made a test setup, to demonstrate it, guess what, the test setup works?? So now i have to find out why my real VI doesn't do the job...! I'll attach the real VI an de test setup...

Regards,

Thijs

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,395 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThijsBoeree

The settings for the media player Front panel objects are not the same.  One of them has the "Windowless Video" set to true, the other to false.  I've no experience with this particular item, but I would first copy the actual control fromt he working VI to the not working VI and see if it suddenly works.  You can right-click on them and select "Property browser" to see the custom properties of the palyers.

Shane

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,390 Views)

I really don't understand!!

But now it works??

Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for the help! Now let's see how long it will work!

Best regards!

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,385 Views)

Right-click on the video players and select "Property Browser".  You will see that the object has several properties of its own which are seperate to LabVIEW.  Doing this for both versions of your players show different settings for the various properties meaning that one of them was simply configured wrong.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,378 Views)

Hi,

I figured it out! When i set the visibilty on "false" (from the media player) and then back on true again, the video won't show....? It could be a flaw from WMP?

Best regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,371 Views)