LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

referencing an element from cluster

Ohhh!! yea you're right. I removed the loops in subvi... It seems to be working now. I am just trying different things because I am new to parallel loops concept and referencing especially in LabVIEW. I see what I did there before.. duh!!! 🙂

smercurio_fc wrote:

Also, it's pointless to wire an output from the subVIs. You're already updating the indicators through the property nodes. The reading of the subVI output and writing to the front panel indicator at the main VI level will not happen until the subVI finishes, and you've already written the value to the indicator via property nodes, so this is an operation that does something you've already done - i.e., a waste of time. 

I couldn't get the main vi updated before and hence I did what I did. Nonetheless, I removed the reference to main vi indicator( ihope this is what you are referring to) and just connected the output of subvi to the main vi indicator.

V

Message Edited by VeeJay on 06-03-2010 01:44 PM
I may not be perfect, but I'm all I got!
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 42
(322 Views)

I have made it even simpler now. hmmph! All the subvi has is the arithmetic function. and the main vi loops the subvi through! 🙂

V

I may not be perfect, but I'm all I got!
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 42
(311 Views)