LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time program work in host (ethernet) but don't work completely when build on target to run as stand alone program

my project include FPGA program with various timming loop and real time program include two timed while loop one is fast and the other is slow for ex. 50 Hz and 15 Hz). I am using the serial port of the target as a comminication port between the target and the host, my problem as follows the program work as well in host through the ethernet but when i am trying to run the program as standalone program on target by the build and real time application it dosen't work as expected especiffically i received the excepected data from the target through the serial port but the target don't receive the command from the host through the serial port. some key points i used a queue to transfer my data between the two timmed loops.

thanks hoppfully u can got my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,496 Views)

Make a ZIP file of your project and attach it.  It is very hard to analyze code that you cannot see.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,486 Views)

Thanks I attach my real time program, I delete most of sub vi’s in order to simplify the program, the problem as I discuss before comes from the serial port of my target as I indicated in red color in the attached vi Hopefully u discover what is the problem please contact for further explanation

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,451 Views)

Learn to use sub-VIs.  I would need a dozen monitors to see your Block Diagram.  Try to get everything to comfortably fit on a normal (I use 1280 x 1024) screen -- you can fit a lot of 32 x 32 pixel sub-VIs in that space (leaving plenty of room for wires, controls, indicators, etc.).

Sorry I had to "give up" looking at your code.  Between the broken wires and huge size, it was an impossible task (without having you to take me through it).

Note that you can attach a lot of code by embedding it in a ZIP file.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,438 Views)