LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time chart

I am getting 2 values via a serial cable, displacement and force.  i would like to plot force vs displacement in labview in real time as each new data point is sent.  I see several people have asked similiar questions and everyone keeps pointing them to the real time chart in the shipping example or something along those lines.  i cant seem to find that example, can someone point me in the right direction to find that example or give me an example to go off of when making real time charts (or a graph if that works)?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,316 Views)
You should be able to find the example just by opening the example finder and entering 'Chart' as the keyword on the Search tab. However, a chart will not help you if you want to plot 1 value versus another. A chart is used to plot measured values versus time. You need to use an XY Graph. You can use the Express XY Graph and wire a False constant to the Reset input. Or, go to the example finder and do a search for 'xy'. One of the examples is called XY Chart. This uses the XY Graph with a buffer to behave like the history length with a chart.
Message 2 of 2
(2,309 Views)